Generally speaking, process of making Linux VM template is quite the same like making Windows VM template, but you have to install VMM agent.
- Deploy original Linux VM as it described in this article – Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- Prepare VM to become it as template – install VMM agent on it.
In this article I’ve described steps to install CentOS Linux Hyper-V VM.
If you have other Linux distributive, make sure it’s fully compliant with Hyper-V: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/compute/hyper-v/supported-linux-and-freebsd-virtual-machines-for-hyper-v-on-windows
- Download minimal ISO from CentOS website.
You have a task to extend virtual hard disk of Hyper-V VM, but the type of disk is “Differencing”. That means you have checkpoint (snapshot) attached to this VM.…
This is very short FAQ describing Update Rollout installation for DPM.
- What should I do before download and install UR?
- Follow this check list:
- Check compatibility matrix DPM table: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj860400(v=sc.12).aspx.